OUR SUSTAINABLE PRODUCTS
Sustainability is that the development of the current generation does not harm the interests of future generations. This includes having something to be environmentally friendly, fairly made, and something that will last a long time.
Fast fashion is clothing that is made in large companies that use cheap material like polyester, nylon, and acrylic. They are constantly mass-producing clothes at a cheap rate that pollutes the environment and creates an abundance of waste. Some examples of fast fashion companies are big chain stores that put out new clothes every two weeks.
Fast Fashion Harms
1. 3rd largest Polluter in the world
2. Pollutes more than 1.2 billion tons of greenhouse gasses (More than all plans & ships produce)
3. Toxic clothing dyes spill into rivers contaminating villagers next to factories and polluting wildlife
4. 16X more microbeads released from fashion manufacturing than cosmetics
1. People throw-away 37 kg of clothes per year
2. Garment workers get paid $3/hr on average
3. The more companies produce clothing the more landfills pile up
4. Sumangali scheme is a form of child slavery where a girl is put to work under a contract where she has to work 3-5 years in order to get fully paid. Corporations make it impossible to actually get all of her money.
NO pesticides NO GMOs NO insecticides NO chemical fertilizers
Uses 88% less water & 62% less energy
Good for your skin.
No chemicals mean farmers aren't harmed when they pick it
Avoid: Nylon Acrylic Polyester
Nylon, acrylic, and polyester are cheap materials which makes big companies want to use them because they are easy to find and they don’t have to pay their workers as much to provide for it. These cheap materials are plastic made from crude oil. Your skin absorbs these toxic chemicals. They shed microfibers into the environment after each wash and they wear out fast which makes you need to replace them more often.
One way to still wear sustainable materials is to look recycled materials. For example recycled polyester. Additionally you should use washingbags who are made to filter mircro fibers..
Are our products sustainable?
We use organic cotton and recycled polyester.
Our products are GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certified
To put your mind at ease.
Why do we care?
We are here to spread awareness of social and environmental issues, and fashion happens to fit into both. We believe that if we are creating clothing items to give a voice to NGOs (Non-Governmental Organization) then that means that our clothing has to be fairly made and also be good for the environment.